For those people needing to lose weight, they know all to well how challenging it can be. While there are a number of weight loss tips that can help in the process, the only sure fire way to achieve a safe and permanent weight loss is to do it healthfully and sensibly. There are a number of healthy weight loss tips that can substantially improve the chances of a successful weight loss.
1. Be patient. Being patient is perhaps the greatest advice when it comes to a diet program. Expecting too much too soon can sabotage your weight loss efforts and cause you to give up. By realizing that a slow and steady weight loss of about one to two pounds per week will result in permanent weight loss, you are more likely to stay motivated.
2. Make small dietary changes. By making small changes in your daily diet, you are less likely to give up. Try substituting high fat, high sugar foods with ones low in saturated fat and high in fiber. Examples of appropriate food substitutions include substituting a high calorie sweet roll for a fresh piece of fruit at breakfast. In addition, replacing starchy foods such as potatoes or pasta with complex carbohydrate foods such as brown rice and broccoli will also result in weight loss.
3. Plan your menus. Plan your meals daily and try not to make spur of the moment choices. When you know what you are going to eat ahead of time, it may eliminate impulse eating and poor dietary choices.
4. Set realistic goals. Don’t expect to lose twenty pounds in a week. This goal is simply not realistic and will set you up for disappointment. In addition, rapid weight loss is likely due to water weight and not the result of losing actual fat. Remember, a slow and steady goal of about one or two pounds per week will likely result in a more permanent and healthy weight loss. Also remember that it may have taken you a long time to gain the weight, and so it will be that it may take you just as long to lose the weight.
5. Keep drinking water. By staying hydrated throughout the day, you are stoking your metabolism. By doing so, your weight loss efforts will be more likely result in success. Drinking water throughout the day also keeps you full and keeps a ravenous appetite at bay. Water will also help your body rid itself of excess fluid and impurities.
6. Ask your doctor for help. Your doctor will be able to provide you with a list of healthy foods to assist you in your weight loss ventures. In addition, a medical evaluation should also be considered to make sure you are fit enough to undergo a change in dietary and exercise habits.